Friday, September 19, 2008

The Job Is Secure. The Employee, However, Is Not.

You might have guessed from the title that I have found a job. Apparently, however, this is a new excuse for internal hand-wringing about how I'm going to manage household stuff, how the boys are going to handle the change, and what time I'll need to get up in the morning. I start the new job this week, and already the inner control freak that jumps in with both feet whenever I feel insecure is practically doing trampoline tricks. The boys are excited. The Hawkeye is excited. I am, too - but ten years without full-time employment is a long time, and I'm unsure. So, today, I am looking for serenity. Hopefully, I'll find it before I break an arm on the trampoline! ;-)

1 comment:

Tish said...

So how is the new job going??