Monday, July 28, 2008

Small joys for a cloudy day

Sounds to make a mom's heart glad:

--overheard discussions from the boys' room: today this involves each of them constructing and fortifying a base, making lots of noises and sound effects, and working together happily;

--sweet offerings from a son's heart: "Mom, can I help you?" is heard pretty frequently around here lately, and oh, it's a sweet sound indeed;

--giggling. Just giggling over nothing, their usual brand of general silliness, but it makes me happy that their hearts are carefree.

Bright additions to any day:

--two boys happily sharing the tire swing, sitting side by side and swinging lazily;

--hugs. They still hug me freely, without self-consciousness or embarrassment, and I'm so grateful.

--happy faces, grinning completely from ear to ear, smiling at each other, at me, at the world.

Today is a good day.

No comments: